Monday 4 April 2011

Birthday Boxing Day

Hello :), sorry for the lack of updates the last day or two, it has been my birthday so I've been constantly kidnapped. The good news is, I went to Bristol yesterday and I found an artist I really like, Tim Lane. It is usually not my kind of style, but I have a friend who likes Ralph Steadman and I've learned to appreciate his work, and in my eyes they bare a lot of similarities, must be the sketchy lines. So I thought I'd share this. His work is inspired by the colorful and ceremonial rites of ancient cultures; "celebrating the cycle of life and their provisions for death and the afterlife, music and the transforming quality of performance, characterful faces, faded glory and the fragility of life and civilization."








No comments:

Post a Comment