Tuesday 22 March 2011

Moody Cow Fashion Show

Today I went to the fashion show event and my feet are in total pain, I guess it has been a while since I stood that long (...okay it wasn't thaaat long).  The event was organised by students and staff of Birmingham Institute of Art, mainly from MA Fashion Promotion & MA Fashion Textiles. I wasn't sure what to expect of the event, but overall, it was impressive, considering everything was non-profit, to us atleast! Students modelled, along with a couple of professionals, dressed in vintage attire, red lips and thick black liner. Overall effect was total retro glam. I was even able to style one of the outfits: knee-length purple suede with fuchsia loose blouse, completely inspired of this season's color blocks. I was particularly impressed with how much one can buy with £90 of drinks and snacks. Other than the good feast, guests were seen carrying luxury bags such as YSL, Louis Vuitton, a good mix between vintage fashion and luxury. The event was definitely well attended, and many photographers seemed to enjoy snapping away the bright colors of different outfits. Great night.
Photographs by Royd Tauro











No comments:

Post a Comment