Saturday 26 March 2011

Julie Verhoeven: collaboration queen

I don't understand where all the sun went? It's as if it decided to give us a few days of summer then to take it away when I am not done with it! What's worst is that my mood is definitely dropping, and my whole body is aching...and after speaking with a few others, it's not just me.

Today I figured I'll talk about one of my favourite illustrators, Julie Verhoeven. She is an artist/designer based in London, UK and after studying fashion she began her career by assisting John Galliano. In 2002, she launched her own fashion label, Gibo, and went on to collaborate with global brands including Louis Vuitton, Mulberry, Loewe, Versace and so far as products collaboration with H&M, Lancome, V&A and Selfridges. What I love about her is how far she is willing you push the boundary of Art, combining it with many aspect of our lifestyles. She created Christmas cards collection for a renowned high-street Topshop, designed record sleeves for Nouvelle Vague and much much more.


Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2001

Mulberry Autumn/Winter 2007

Versace Spring/Summer 2009  

H&M Home 2010

Juicy Tubes for Lancome 2007

Selfridges Pop Up shop 2006

V&A Teacup and Saucer 2006




No comments:

Post a Comment