Wednesday 30 March 2011

Bham Local Talent

After getting myself the best croissant I've ever had (it is exactly how I imagine croissants in France to be like), I headed to House of Fraser, where they launched a new initiative in Birmingham, which supports local creative talent. Gavin Douglas and illustrators ELF & STONE created a live display installation on the 3rd floor of the department store. I wasn't sure what to expect, maybe something bigger but as you go up the escalator you are greeted with the large illustrations hung off the ceiling which was a pleasant surprise. I like the illustrations especially the faces and elongated bodies, though it was not the neatest work/display. However, I am glad to see Birmingham taking initiative in supporting local talents! Go Bham!




No comments:

Post a Comment