Monday 21 March 2011

May this be the first of many

You may be wondering why the website is named 'screamprofanity'. Well the story is quite funny actually, a good friend (Miss Mary) and I went to Thorpe Park and as we were going down a very scary ride, she said to me "makes you want to scream profanity!". For those of you who know me, you can probably imagine what I said next, but for the lucky people out there who has yet to...believe it or not i screamed 'PROFANITY!!!!'. Since then it has become a private joke between us, to the point where we even considered creating our very own magazine called Profanity. The contents that will be published in this blog, are the kinds that will make you want to Scream Profanity.

To be honest with you, I've created many blogs, one went on for years and most just a mere few days. Everyone is blogging, so ofcourse I for one want to be included in this trend! My first ever website started in 2003, with its purpose as an online photo album. I was still in highschool, and many kids still yet to own a camera (and yes it was film camera back then), luckily, I was one of them. Back then, there was no such thing as hi5, Myspace or facebook, so I figured why not make a website where people can view photos of themselves (that I took through my camera!) and leave comments in 'Guestbooks'.

Basically, the website provided my profile, pictures of friends, my childhood icons; James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. It was an instant hit amongst friends! However, the disadvantage of the website was that it wasn't something you can easily update without changing the whole contents of your website. I then discovered Xanga and... this changed my life. It continued from 2004 to 2010, but ofcourse by 2006,  I no longer had much followers, as everybody had Myspace, followed by Facebook (which don't take me wrong I am undeniably an addicted user).

 So, now, this blog... I intend for it to help further my career as it will contain news on designs, fashion, and anything beautiful worth mentioning. My previous laptops are literally crammed with pictures I find on the Internet, of interior designs, products, fashion, campaigns, to the point where my harddrive ran out of memory space, and became ..useless. So what better way to keep my interests without slowing down my laptop even more than sharing it with you. 

PROFANITY!



No comments:

Post a Comment